Monday, September 9, 2013

A Sick Day (Day 10)

Today I was sick... and no, I was not hungover considering I hardly had anything to drink at dinner and I went to bed hours later anyway. There's not much to tell besides the fact I stayed in bed almost all day and didn't even emerge until it was time to go to dinner. (I did get up briefly around noon since the hotel was running a fire alarm drill and I nearly had a panic attack as I tried to calmly walk down to the front desk to ask what was going on.) One of my friends, Stephanie, watched a movie in bed with me after that happened and kept me company for a few hours. I think I needed a day to pull myself together a bit, especially since we are going to be traveling again tomorrow.

Tonight was our last night in Glasgow and I can't believe our time in Scotland went so quickly. In 6 hours we have to be ready to leave for Corrymeela in Northern Ireland. We will take a bus for 2 hours, a ferry for 2 hours, and then another bus for another 2 hours, so it's going to be a long day of travel! The pictures of the place we are going look beautiful -- we will be by the coast and I can't express how excited I am to be out of the city, it's definitely worn me down. I don't know if we will have Wifi at the next place we are going since it's considered a "retreat" so if I don't post for a few days it's simply because I don't have the means to.

I will write again when I can! Goodbye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment