Saturday, November 2, 2013

Surprise!

Time has escaped me. I'm so caught up in the daily activities of my life; I go to work, then class or class, the work every single day. Last night I finally had the chance to stop and enjoy a moment.

My housemates and I threw a 1920's themed birthday party for our housemate Leanne. For 4 days we scrambled to put things together, talking in code words and leaving the house for "different activities" even though we were all going to the store together to shop for food and decorations. Somehow, we evaded being caught, even though Leanne got a little suspicious when I insisted that she wear a dress to go out to coffee, especially because she knows that I hate dressing up. But when we finally showed up at the house at 7:30pm last night and she opened the door and climbed the stairs to the kitchen, it was worth seeing her scream and fall over when everyone yelled SURPRISE! Needless to say, she was in shock the rest of the night and we told her all the things we had to do to keep her from finding out.

It was a night to remember! I'm thrilled with how it turned out. I love the girls in my house.


No comments:

Post a Comment